What if I told you that I could target the health of your horse’s joint cartilage/tendons/ligaments AS WELL as his/her gut health (preventing ulcers) with one affordable product? I guess your answer will be prove it to me as it sounds too good to be true...WELL THIS TIME IT IS TRUE! Hear me out, it’s called....
COLLAGEN = PROTIEN
Collagen types are a biological classification containing different proteins which serve separate purposes within the body.
Type 1 account for more than 90% of organic mass of bone and is also the major component of skin, tendons, ligaments, muscles, bone health, and hair and hoof growth and maintenance.
Type 2 makes up the fluids and function in the cartilage and joints.
Collagen with true laboratory analysis
Q: What is a horse in a nutshell? – Legs and gut!
Firstly, you need to understand the concept of HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN to further see how it will benefit your horse’s joint cartilage/tendons/ligaments and stomach lining.
In its natural form collagen is a complex chain of amino acids and through the process of using water it is broken down into smaller chain amino acids which is more readily absorbed (bioavailable) and digested by the body. Thanks to hydrolysis we can tap into nature’s resources and fuel, heal and repair our horses’ bodies and increase their longevity through their physical and emotional well-being.
TYPE 2: The collagen included in joint and soft tissue supplements is type II.
Only hydrolysed collagen provides substantial amounts of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) such as hyaluronic acid (HA) and chondroitin sulphate, all in remarkably bioavailable forms. Did I just say Hyaluronic Acid (hydration of the joint) and Chondroitin (resistance and cushioning for the joint)? YES! It is truly remarkable and so very promising that one affordable oral NATURAL product can benefit your horse that much. The mechanism of action is along a completely different biological pathway in the body to prevent premature wear and tear thereby PREVENTING degeneration of your horse’s joint cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
It does not negate supplementation by MSM, Glucosamine hydrochloride and Pentosan PolySulphate, if anything it potentiates and works synergistically together with these supplements enhancing optimal benefits to your horse. Need I say more? You are welcome to enquire about more detailed info on our product HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN.
TYPE!: Ulcer treatment and prevention
Omeprazole (Omepracote) is approved for treating stomach ulcers. However, it is expensive and must be given daily during training and racing, which most performance venues do not allow. In addition, ulcer recurrence is common after discontinuing treatment. Thus, the development of effective management strategies and natural feed supplements, like hydrolysed collagen, to prevent ulcer recurrence and promote stomach health is needed.
HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN (HC) is a supplement containing bioactive peptides (proteins) and Type 1 Collagen, which promotes stomach health.
In a study using HYDOLYSED COLLAGEN to evaluate the effects of collagen in the maintenance of stomach health in horses that are prone to stomach ulcers (>90% of horses have some degree of ulceration), the following were concluded:-
- Hydrolysed Collagen-fed horses had fewer and less severe ulcers throughout the trial and significantly fewer ulcers were seen after 56 days of feeding.
- Hydrolysed Collagen ameliorated the severity of gastric ulcers in stall-confined horses undergoing stall confinement and feed stress.
Chronological benefits matched the science:-
1. Suspected gastric ulceration benefits in week 1 (as we know a high % of housed horses have some degree of stomach ulceration)
- Less irritable
- Less girthy
- Enjoying grooming again
- Food frenzy at feeding times subdued
Horses putting on weight; coats gleaming; dapples even as winter approaching; muscling up all because gut lining healthier and horses have increased absorption of nutrients
2. Hoof growth within 2 weeks
- Farriers are removing more hoof on trims even on zero growth feet
- Pedal bone fractures on high (50mg daily dose) recommended by colleagues
- Osteoarthritis better known in horses as DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Geriatric patients with known arthritis walking better; lying down less during the day
- Known Sacroiliac cases moving easier
- Radiographically confirmed Kissing spine cases responding really well
- Riders saying horses feeling great under saddle
- Swollen joints less fluid filled
Articles are annexed to corroborate scientifically that which we see in the horse transformations.
Choosing Collagen will be cheaper
As one client so aptly explained why COLLAGEN TRADING HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN works for her as she sees it as a one stop shop for 4 different products she used to use in the making up of her horses’ daily feeds:-
- MSM = anti-inflammatory = R300.00 pm +/-
- Glucosamine hydrochloride = nutraceutical = R500.00
- Gastric Acid Buffer = ulcer treatment = R500.00
- Hoof supplement = R300.00
TOTAL +/- R1 600.00
PENINSULA EQUINE HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN = R770.00 pm
1.2kg - R770 (30 day supply)
Hydrolysed collagen is found in several supplements on the market including pure HYDOLYSED COLLAGEN
Hydrolysed Collagen: Equine Stomach Health | The Equine Report: https://theequinereport.com/2017/11/hydrolyzed-collagen-a-supplement-to-maintain-stomach-health/
Collagen shown more effective for Arthritic Horses: https://thehorse.com/154472/collagen-shown-more-effective-for-arthritic-horses/